Wednesday, 15 October 2008
Best Halal Dim Sum in KL
Image from http://www.simedarbyconvention.com/
I love dim sum n had not have it for a long time, so thinking n drooling n well maybe I should google n see where can I eat my dim sum...found this forum http://www.friedchillies.com/fc/forum/threads.php?id=1656_0_2_0_C
According to the forum n few other sites, best halal dim sum:
1) Qing Zhen Chinese Muslim Restaurant (03 2147 0888) at the Novotel Hydro Majestic serves excellent dim sum.
2) Mandarin Oriental Hotel KLCC (Sundays only) - pricey but fresh and excellent quality, super yummy... and the durian pancake is heavenly...http://sloppychic.com/dimsum-at-lai-po-heen-mandarin-oriental-kl/
3) Nikko Hotel
4) Kim Ma Palace of the Golden Horses (also Sunday)
5) Hilton KL Sentral (pork free).
6) celestial court restaurant at Sheraton Imperial
7) Luk Yu Tea House at Feast, Star Hill. Very nice. Normally the Chinese won't go to halal dim sum places but even during fasting month it was full of Chinese patrons. Imagine how good it is...(ala carte)
8) EEST at The Westin... Fantastic dim sum and halal too...
9) Eric's Deli in Hartamas Shopping Centre (pork free)
10) China Treasures in Sime Darby Convention Centre - not bad - but the spread was not very much though. http://karenyiau.com/blog/?cat=79
11) Meisan Szechuan Restaurant at Quality Hotel (Jln Raja Laut, KL) reasonable but the quality is not up to the standard. Most of the dumplings are stuffed with seasoned fish paste, instead of prawns or chunks of chicken. At the end, they all taste the same, only the shapes and the skins are different.
12) Holiday Villa Subang
13) Spring Garden KLCC (halal) - http://www.waisikkai.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=336&Itemid=48
14) Oriental Spoon, First Floor, Sooka Sentral, Jalan Stesen Sentral 5, 50470, Kuala Lumpur.
15) Spring Garden - Crown Princess - Excellent dim sum buffet which offers both great value and delicious dining. A must for any dim sum addict in search of halal dim sum. http://www.foodvenue.com/detail.asp?code=860
16) Istana Hotel
17) Maju Palace in Maju Junction Mall. [url]http://www.majujunction.com/mpalace.html[/url]. When I entertain Malay clients in KL, this is the only place I take them to and no one has been dissappointed b4. Once I took a client to this place, he came back the next day for lunch, then on weekend he took his family for the dimsum again. I'm not a fan of halal dimsum, but this place beats some of the non-halal places.
18) Legend Hotel
Museum Chinese Restaurant 名仕軒
No. 100, Jalan Putra, 50350 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
19) Minmax Restaurant (halal) PNB Darby ParkJalan Binjai50450 Kuala Lumpur
T: 03 7490 3333
20) Prince Hotel
21) Eden restaurants (halal)
22) Grand Millenium Hotel
23) Yum Cha, Lot 1, Ground Floor Dorchester Service Apartment, Plaza Damas, No 60 Jalan Sri Hartamas, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Tel: +603-62033669 - a good spot for halal dim sum
24) Zuan Yuan Restaurant (halal), GF One World Hotel, Bandar Utama.
25) Oriental Pearl Restaurant (halal), Bukit Jalil Golf & Country Resort
26) Zheng He` Dim Sum serve Halal Chinese Food - Dataran Glomac kelana Jaya(Behind Giant)
27) Concorde hotel shah alam
28) Grand Blue Wave Shah Alam
29) UNIQUE SEAFOOD RESTAURANT (pork-free)Lot 9B-3 Jalan KemajuanSection 1346200 Petaling Jaya SelangorTel: 7960 2088, 7960 2066